Study Abroad Summer in Singapore with TEAN
- Take courses focusing on Business, Innovation and Society in Asia that cover current hot topics at the EQUIS and AACSB accredited Singapore Management University
- Spend your summer in Singapore, a globally focused, English-speaking, Asian city. Singapore was recently named the second safest city in the world according to the Safe Cities Index of 2017 released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)
- The SMU Global Summer Program includes invaluable opportunities to network with respected CEOS & industry experts from various fields during weekly Wine & Cheese nights
- Participate in a valuable on-site orientation at the start of the program
- Appreciate access to TEAN’s Singapore Resident Director for continued support throughout the semester
- Live in off-campus apartments conveniently located within walking distance to campus, and with easy access to trains and buses to explore the entire city
- Explore both East and Southeast Asia conveniently and inexpensively from the centrally located country of Singapore
Singapore is great for those who want:
- to experience Asia in a fascinating city that gets you out of your comfort zone while still speaking English as its main language
- to focus on academics and take their education to the next level, especially if studying business
- the opportunity to easily travel – Singapore is a convenient hub for all of Asia
- a highly urban environment boasting tropical weather, incredible food and outdoor escapes
The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) – established in 1995 – are study abroad and intern specialists in the Asia Pacific region with semester and summer programs available in Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, South Korea, China and Japan.
Visit the TEAN Website to learn more or Apply Now with TEAN
Because this is a UWM-approved program and students earn UWM credit, interested students must submit their application through the UWM CIE study abroad office. To avoid duplication, this program provider’s application requirements are incorporated into the CIE study abroad office’s application. Please meet with a study abroad coordinator early in the process to learn more.
Please see the top of the program page for cost information. Click on the term you are interested in and you will be directed to a budget sheet that contains program fees and other important financial information.
The program fee is set by The Education Abroad Network (TEAN). TEAN will invoice UWM for the program fees and these fees will be posted to students' PAWS accounts in addition to CIE administrative fees and mandatory health insurance fees. Students should consult the TEAN website for latest program cost projections and inclusions and exclusions.
Scholarships and Grants:
Financial aid, scholarships and grants may be used for our programs. Attend a Financing Study Abroad 101 Session
Based on eligibility, students may apply for any scholarship either through our office or elsewhere. For a general list of study abroad scholarships and grants, visit our webpage
Are you a Pell Grant recipient? Check out the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
We encourage students to search widely for other scholarships that can be applied to their study abroad program.