Note: While you are considering in-person study abroad experience, we encourage you to explore virtual international opportunities due to travel restrictions caused by COVID-19. It is difficult to predict when in-person experiences will be available and we don’t want you to miss out on a valuable international experience that will prepare you for the globalized virtual world that awaits you upon graduation.
Earn academic credit and use your financial aid.
Click here for more details or call 414-229-4846 to discuss further.
Study Abroad at Singapore Management University with TEAN
- Study at Singapore Management University, one of the youngest institutions in the world to acquire AACSB and EQUIS accreditation
- Explore your potential for a business career in Asia with inside knowledge and experience
- Learn and live in Singapore - an English-speaking Asian city
- Jump into discovering Singapore right from the start and delve into the local culture with our comprehensive four-day Orientation Program - we’ll show you all you need to know and have lots of fun while we’re at it
- Live in off-campus apartments conveniently located within walking distance to campus and with easy access to trains and buses to explore the entire city
- Explore both East and Southeast Asia conveniently and inexpensively from the centrally located country of Singapore
- Appreciate access to TEAN’s Singapore Resident Director for continued support throughout the semester
Singapore is great for those who want:
- to experience Asia in a fascinating city that gets you out of your comfort zone while still speaking English as its main language
- to focus on academics and take their education to the next level, especially if studying business
- the opportunity to easily travel – Singapore is a convenient hub for all of Asia
- a highly urban environment boasting tropical weather, incredible food and outdoor escapes
The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) – established in 1995 – are study abroad and intern specialists in the Asia Pacific region with semester and summer programs available in Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, South Korea, China and Japan.
Visit the TEAN Website to learn more or Apply Now with TEAN
This program has an early deadline. To be considered for this program, students must submit an application for both UWM and TEAN by their respective deadlines. To start a UWM application, click on "Apply Now" button on the top of this page. Visit the TEAN website to apply.
Please see the top of the program page for cost information. Click on the term you are interested in and you will be directed to a budget sheet that contains program fees and other important financial information.
The program fee is set by TEAN. TEAN will invoice UWM for the program fee and this fee will be posted to students' PAWS accounts in addition to CIE administrative fees and mandatory health insurance fees. Please visit the UWM study abroad "Fees & Policies" page for details about program fees. Students should consult the TEAN website for latest program cost projections and inclusions and exclusions.
SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS:
Financial aid, scholarships and grants may be used for our programs. Attend a Financing Study Abroad 101 Session to learn about study abroad costs and budgets and how financial aid can be used for study abroad, as well as general information on how to search for scholarships and other funding resources.
Based on eligibility, students may apply for any scholarship either through our office or elsewhere. For a general list of study abroad scholarships and grants, visit our webpage. We encourage students to search widely for other scholarships that can be applied to their study abroad program.
Are you a Pell Grant recipient? Check out the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship.
Southeast Asia Program Comparison:
||AY, Fall, Spring, Summer
||Fall, Spring, Summer
||AY, Fall, Spring, Summer
||Res. Hall, Apartment
||Overnight field trips to hill-tribe villages, volunteer opportunities, low cost of living
||Receive Asian Studies certificate, centrally-located, business-focused, optional excursions
||#1 university in Thailand, excursions with elephants and in the jungles, proximity to beaches
|Areas of Study
||Anthropology, Art, Business, Film, Peace Studies, Public Health, Urban Studies...
||Accounting, Asian Studies, Business, Economics, Law, Political Science...
||Art History, Business, Communication, EAS, Psychology, Tourism...