NOTE: CAPA Shanghai is not accepting applications until further notice. CAPA is offering virtual global study and internship options all over the world. Visit capa.org for more information. If you'd like to participate in a virtual study and/or internship program, be sure to visit our virtual global experience page to learn about the application process and more.
CAPA Shanghai Program
A global megacity of 24+ million people, Shanghai is dynamic, technologically advanced, and fast-paced. With the CAPA Shanghai Program, you'll have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to experience first-hand the evolution of the second most important economy in the world.
The CAPA Shanghai Program Fee includes:
Over 50,000 students have studied abroad with CAPA!
- 12-15 academic credits for the semester, 6 in summer
- Classes held at the beautiful "garden campus" of East China Normal University (ECNU), a top-ranked institution easily accessible to downtown
- Optional for-credit internship (semesters only)
- Housing in international residence halls on campus at ECNU
- Access to ECNU campus facilities and student clubs
- Pre-paid transportation pass for use on the metro and buses
- Full-day study tour to Suzhou, a high-tech hub on a beautiful scenic waterway
- Overnight excursions to Beijing and Hangzhou (semesters only)
- Social events including an arrival reception and a farewell ceremony
- My Global City Shanghai, CAPA’s unique learning immersion program, which include business site visits to key locations in Shanghai
- Medical, travel, and accident insurance
- CAPA Shanghai student services and support, including 24-hour emergency on-call support
Learn more about us here or call us at 1.800.793.0334
- 40 years experience in study abroad education
- Personalized, experiential and academic programs that genuinely involve each student with the location, people and culture of their host city
- Affordable, fully accredited, semester and summer programs
- Need-based and access scholarships
To be considered for this program, students must submit an application for both UWM and CAPA by their respective deadlines. To start a UWM application, click on "Apply Now" button on the top of this page. Visit the CAPA website to apply.
Please see the top of the program page for cost information. Click on the term you are interested in and you will be directed to a budget sheet that contains program fees and other important financial information.
The program fee is set by CAPA. CAPA will invoice UWM for the program fee and this fee will be posted to students' PAWS accounts in addition to CIE administrative fees and mandatory health insurance fees. Students should consult the CAPA website for latest program cost projections and inclusions and exclusions.
Scholarships and Grants
Financial aid, scholarships and grants may be used for our programs. Attend a Financing Study Abroad 101 Session to learn about study abroad costs and budgets and how financial aid can be used for study abroad, as well as general information on how to search for scholarships and other funding resources.
Based on eligibility, students may apply for any scholarship either through our office or elsewhere. For a general list of study abroad scholarships and grants, visit our website. We encourage students to search widely for other scholarships that can be applied to their study abroad program.
Are you a Pell Grant recipient? Check out the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship.