|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Program Type:||Faculty Led||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Housing:||Hostel/Hotel, Residence Hall|
|Class Standing:||2 - Soph, 3 - Junior, 4 - Senior, 5 - Grad||Program Length:||Short-Term|
|Credits:||6, 9||Affiliated Department or Center:||SARUP|
|Program Leader:||Gil Snyder||Study Abroad Advisor:||Yomarie Castellano|
This intensive eight week course of study is designed not only to introduce students to important architectural and urban artifacts in Paris, Florence, and Venice, but also to examine the cultural context that shapes and informs them. Structured as a carefully calculated mix of old and new, students undertake filed study of canonic buildings and urban spaces in western thought about architecture, while simultaneously exploring cultural themes around the conflicts of modernism and heritage. Excursions to Lyon and La Tourette follow similar themes. A design studio component in Paris is offered as an option.
In Milwaukee: May 27-28, 2015
In France: June 1– July 23, 2015
Mandatory General Orientation: April 10, 2015, 1-4 p.m.
Mandatory Site-Specific Orientation: April 20, 2015, 12-2 p.m.
Gil Snyder, Department of Architecture
Study Abroad Advising
Yomarie Castellano (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact for administrative questions about application, registration, program cost, etc.
6-9 undergraduate or graduate credits in Architecture
Estimated Cost: $8,590 - $9,420
- Program fees are based on a realistic estimate of participants. Fees may change based on final enrollment and exchange rate fluctuation.
- Cost includes support for a UWM faculty member, academic costs, accommodation, on-site transportation, cultural activities, and health insurance.
- Cost does not international airfare, meals, personal spending money, books and supplies, or trip/travel insurance.
- There are fee differentials for graduate students ($200) and non-Wisconsin residents ($200).
- Please see the top of the program page. Click on the term you are interested in and you will be directed to a budget sheet that contains program fees and other important financial information.
Scholarships and Grants
Financial Aid, Scholarships & Grants can be used for this program! Attend a Financing Study Abroad 101 information session to learn how you can use your financial aid to pay for study abroad.
Featured UWM scholarships and grants:
Application Requirements & Deadline:
The application deadline is March 15, 2015.
This program requires an online application and other required documents found as part of the online application; a $250 deposit (includes a $50 non-refundable application fee); and a valid passport.
NOTE: There will be a quick turn-around time after the March 15 deadline to confirm your participation in this program to keep the program cost as low as possible.
Applying for a Passport:
Passports need to be valid for at least six months past the program's end date. Information on how to apply for a passport can be found here.
Study Abroad Fair:
February 4, 2015
9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Center for International Education
Pearse Hall 166